Late Shift Extra: Capturing the Capital
Late Shift in partnership with FTI Consulting
Capturing the Capital was part of Museums at Night
Celebrating Late Shift’s first birthday, Capturing the Capital explored the artistic, émigré life of twentieth-century London, inspired by our exhibitions Hoppé Portraits: Society, Studio and Street and Ida Kar: Bohemian Photographer.
Events explored the diverse, unique and creative culture of our cosmopolitan capital, with actors, artists and intellectuals brought to life with talks and discussions in the galleries.
- Live music around the Gallery from London Klezmer Tsvey - Ilana Cravitz (violin) and James Siverly (accordion)
- Screening of Ida Kar’s favourite film Battleship Potemkin
- Panel Discussion on portraiture and philosophy with David Edmonds, Sarah Bakewell, and Julian Baggini
- Vintage Portrait Photography Workshop inspired by Hoppé with photographer Anthony Luvera
- Philosophical Thoughts Photobooth to capture your ideas on camera
- Twilight Walking Tours of London
- DJ sets from Eddie Otchere and James Hyman