Late Shift Extra: Draw the Line
Late Shift in partnership with FTI Consulting
Draw the Line was part of Museums at Night
Inspired by the hugely popular Lucian Freud Portraits exhibition, for this Late Shift Extra the Gallery was transformed into an art studio and our visitors were the artists.
Visitors could take part in a range of creative events such as:
- Life drawing classes. Including a class led by Freud’s model Sophie de Stempel and another with Nicola Bateman, one of Freud’s muses, as the model
- Screening of Inside Job, a film about Lucian Freud directed by his assistant David Dawson
- An interactive performance of Still Life a play about Henrietta Moraes, model and muse for Lucian Freud, where participants could watch, listen and draw the performance
- Guided tours around Soho
- Roaming artist around the Gallery creating silhouette portraits of visitors
- Tours of the Collection
- Performances by Klezmer violinist Miriam Kramer and jazz singer Alicia Hart
This Late Shift Tour has been created in response to the exhibition Lucian Freud Portraits and Draw the Line, a late night event at the Gallery on 18 May 2012. We invited the illustrator Marion Deuchars to create a sketchbook of drawing activities focussed on portraits, sparking the imagination to encourage the artist in us to pick up a pencil and get creative.