Late Shift Extra: ReAnimate
Late Shift in partnership with FTI Consulting
ReAnimate was curated by Martyn Ware, Illustrious and Karen Pearson, Folded Wing
Inspired by the Gallery’s Road to 2012 exhibition, which celebrates the athletes and those working behind the scenes to make London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games happen, this Late Shift Extra was a night of sensory stimulation exploring the body, movement and the senses.
Artistic collaborations and interventions of live music, sound art, film, performance, and philosophy took over the Gallery animating spaces, portraits and visitors.
- Specially commissioned sonic soundscapes played around the galleries inspired by the Collection
- Artists’ panel discussion hosted by Martyn Ware and Karen Pearson, with Brian Duffy, Sissel Tolaas and Mira Calix discussing the inspiration behind their work
- DJ sets from Folded Wing and special guests, plus exclusive set from Illum Sphere
- Philosophy Salon on Sound Thinking and Bodies led by artist, filmmaker and academic Julian Henriques
- Scent Artist Sissel Tolaas intrigued visitors with her bespoke perfume ReAnimate perfume
- Special exhibition tour of Road to 2012: Changing Pace
- Book reading and signing by text artist Tracey Moberly
- Film screenings throughout the night, created by Goldsmiths students
Featured artists performing live on the night included Ben Westbeech, Andreya Triana, Di Mainstone, Sissel Tolaas and Marvin Ayres, with specially commissioned music from Martyn Ware, Brian Duffy, Mira Calix and Illum Sphere.