Late Shift Extra: Snapped
Late Shift in partnership with FTI Consulting
Snapped was curated with All Walks Beyond the Catwalk
This Late Shift Extra was created in partnership with Erin O’Connor, Debra Bourne and Caryn Franklin, founders of All Walks Beyond the Catwalk who asked the question: Has fashion become the lens through which we evaluate identity?
Women in the Collection were celebrated with a series of events, soundscapes and nine specially commissioned portraits by the acclaimed photographer Rankin which celebrated individual beauty, with the support of some of Britain’s top fashion designers of Hollywood.
- DJ sets by a lineup of all female DJS including Work It Girls, Josey Rebelle, Radi Dadiwith and Lyndsay Evans aka She Plays Drums
- Bespoke soundscape recordings created for Snapped including: Dame Vivienne Westwood talking about the magic of power dressing, model Naomi Shimada revealing her professional experience of the modelling world and Tanya Reynolds, Creative Director of Proportion London discussing the changing shape of women’s bodies
- A Pop-up photography studio with fashion photographer Alistair Guy
- Fashion illustration masterclasses
- Living sculptures photography session, where visitors could be photographed as a living work of art
- Debate: ‘is fashion the lens through which we evaluate identity?’ with model Erin O’Connor, Elle magazine editor Lorraine Candy, Lynne Featherstone, Minister for Equalities, psychologist Linda Papadopoulos and Kiki Kendrick, playwright/actress. Chaired by Caryn Franklin.