Late Shift Extra: What is a Portrait?
Late Shift in partnership with FTI Consulting
This was the second of our quarterly Late Shift Extra nights. The theme of the night asked the question ‘What is a Portrait?’ with a range of drop in salons, workshops, talks, tours, plus the opportunity to have your portrait taken and learn performance poetry!
- Selection of Spoken Portraits by National Portrait Gallery staff
- The chance to take-away your own piece of art with the pop up drawing machine and Shoot Experience Photo Booth
- Photographer Marysa Dowling explored the idea of alternative portraits by taking visitors pictures without their face
- ‘Face’ themed DJ set by Pascal Brannan, inspired by our collection of musicians and performers
- Drop-in Drawing sessions
- Live music from the winners of the prestigious Royal London Overseas League music competition
- Spoken word workshop with leading spoken word artist Sophia Blackwell
- Road to 2012 Photographer Brian Griffin in conversation with the Gallery’s Commissions Manager, Anne Braybon
- Philosophy Salon with philosopher Katrina Mitcheson questioning what portraiture really is
- Exhibition tours of the BP Portrait Award 2010