Advance booking is highly recommended for this exhibition.
Please book your tickets using the authorised methods below or become a Member to enjoy free and unlimited entry to all exhibitions. You will not need to pay more than the price of Gallery Membership to see the exhibition.
The first 100 tickets for every Friday during the exhibition are just £5. See details below.
Become a Member for as little as £50 and enjoy FREE, priority and unlimited entry to all exhibitions and discounts on ticketed events.
Other benefits include:
- Invitations to Members-only private views
- Discounts in the Portrait Restaurant and Gallery Shops
- Priority booking for special events
- Regular updates and exclusive offers
(Transaction fee applies)
By phone 020 7321 6600
Daily 10.00 – 17.30 (transaction fee applies)
In person at the Gallery
Daily 10.00 – 17.00, Thursdays & Fridays until 20.00
Tickets with donation* Full price £19 / Concessions £17.50
Tickets without donation Full price £17 / Concessions £15.50
Concessions include: senior citizens (aged 60 and over), students, children 12–18 years, registered unemployed, disabled people (with free entry for one carer). Proof of age or status required.
Secondary+ Sketching Mornings
The exhibition will be open exclusively to KS3 – 5 school groups on 31 January 10.00-12.00. Please be aware that the Exhibition is not open to the public and Members during this time. Booking essential, £5 per student. See further details here
Free for Members and Patrons
Become a Member today to enjoy free and unlimited entry to all ticketed exhibitions with no need to book. In addition Members receive an array of fantastic benefits including special exhibition previews, priority booking and a 10% discount in the Gallery Shops, Portrait Restaurant and Portrait Café.
Membership starts from just £50 by Direct Debit. Find out more and join online today here.
Patrons enjoy all of the benefits of Membership as well as an exclusive events programme including opening night Private Views and curator-led tours. Find out more and join online today here.
Membership terms and conditions for Picasso Portraits
- Picasso Portraits exhibition tickets can be converted to Membership up to 7 days after the visit
- Only one ticket can be converted to an Individual Membership, two tickets can be converted to Member plus Guest or Joint Membership and up to four tickets can be converted to Joint Membership Plus Two Guests. Please note that multiple tickets need to have been purchased by the same person, in the same transaction.
- If a ticket holder opts to pay the Membership by Direct Debit, the ticket price will be deducted from the subscription amount. The ticket buyer will need to provide valid bank account details in order to set up a Direct Debit instruction. Should the bank details be invalid the Membership team will make any effort to inform the ticket holder of the failed set up. It is the responsibility of the ticket buyer to communicate the correct bank details. Failure to do so will result in the Membership being cancelled and the ticket purchase amount will not be refunded.
- If a ticket holder opts to pay the Membership by card it will be necessary to refund the initial transaction amount on the payment card first. The Membership fee will then be charged in full.
- If a ticket holder has not set up an online account they will need to provide the ticket order number to be able to convert the initial purchase to Membership.
The exhibition is accompanied by an audio guide offering exclusive insights into a selection of key portraits with contributions by the exhibition curator and other experts on Picasso, his life and work.
Available to pre-order when booking an exhibition ticket. £3.
Book an Adult or Senior ticket and receive 50% off tickets for up to four children (12 – 18). Not valid for £5 Friday tickets.
£5 Fridays with Goldman Sachs
The first 100 tickets for every Friday during the exhibition are just £5. Tickets available for entry at 10.00 and 10.15.
At least 20 tickets will be available every Friday morning at the Gallery.
Maximum of five tickets per transaction. Not in conjunction with any other offer. Usual conditions of sale apply.
Tickets £16.50 (£14.50 without donation) on Wednesdays for visitors aged 60 years and over and on Thursdays for Students.
Proof of age or status required.
*The ticket price includes a voluntary donation of £2 above the standard ticket price. If you are a UK tax payer the Gallery is also able to claim on the full value of the ticket, as well as on the donation, through the Gift Aid scheme. This means the Gallery receives an additional 25p for each pound you pay. All donations help to acquire outstanding portraits for the Collection for you and other visitors to enjoy.
Gallery Members, Supporters and children under 12 years in family groups.
National Art Pass holders 50% discount