Our dedicated team are here to help make your visit enjoyable and we are committed to providing a Gallery for everyone to enjoy.
These guidelines have been created to safeguard our Collection of portraits and ensure the Gallery is a safe, inclusive, and respectful place for all our visitors, staff and volunteers.
- We ask that you respect our staff and volunteers. We aim to provide a safe and non-threatening workplace, free from abusive, threatening, or violent behaviour. We will take immediate action when this is not supported by those visiting our Gallery.
- We take instances of discrimination or harassment extremely seriously. We will not tolerate abusive, harassing, discriminatory, or threatening language or behaviour towards staff, volunteers, or other visitors. Anyone exhibiting these behaviours will be required to leave.
- We want everyone to feel comfortable to enjoy our spaces so please be mindful of other visitors and use phones with respect and consideration for others.
To help us protect and preserve our portraits we ask the following:
- Please do not touch the works on display or lean on walls or display cases.
- Please be aware that in busy exhibitions you may be asked to remove your backpack and carry it.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries. Please enjoy refreshments in our cafés or Restaurant.
- Sketching in the galleries is encouraged, provided the spaces are not too busy, but to protect the Collection the use of charcoal, pastels, permanent markers and watercolour, acrylic or oil paint are not allowed.
- Filming and photography without flash are permitted for personal, non-commercial use with small cameras and devices only. The use of tripods or selfie-sticks is not permitted.
- Please be aware that all bags will be checked by our security team upon entry to the Gallery, Audrey Green Café and Larry’s Bar.
- Please do not enter staff only or restricted areas or touch any equipment or tools that are for staff use.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Scooters, skateboards, and folding bikes are not permitted. Children’s scooters are allowed but must be stored in the cloakroom. Please be aware that cloakroom capacity is limited and during busy times we may not be able to accept these items.
- For the comfort and safety of all our visitors, staff and volunteers smoking and vaping are not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- If you see any suspicious or concerning behaviour please report it to a staff member or volunteer immediately.
- Feel free to ask a staff member for assistance if you have any questions about the artwork or the Gallery.