Social Media Community Guidelines
We use social media to update our audience on Gallery news, and to offer further insight into the Gallery’s internationally renowned Collection. It is of the upmost importance to us that our social media channels create a welcoming environment where our community can engage safely in constructive debate and conversation.
To ensure this is made possible, we ask anyone engaging with our social media channels to follow the below community guidelines:
- Be respectful of other users and their opinions, and keep to a polite tone.
- Do not promote discrimination based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Do not post anything that is a form of harassment, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, profane or personally abusive.
- Do not publicly post anything that could be deemed libellous or defamatory, or that spreads misinformation. If you do have any complaints pertaining to the Gallery we ask that they are sent to [email protected]. This will allow us to forward your comments to the most appropriate team.
- Do not post adverts for other products or services.
- Do not post spam (i.e. content that is repeatedly off topic).
- Do not promote illegal activities or adult content.
- Do not breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves.
Breach of guidelines
Where possible we use filters to automatically hide obscenities.
Our team will use our own discretion to hide comments that go against our community guidelines. Users that repeatedly ignore our community policy may be blocked.
In more extreme cases, where a user posts anything that we deem to be hateful, discriminatory, a form of harassment, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, profane or personally abusive, we will report users to the respective social media platform, and an immediate block from the Gallery’s pages will be actioned.
Our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels are moderated daily, with reduced hours on weekends and bank holidays. If you do have questions our team will always aim to respond, however we do ask that general enquiries, where possible, are sent directly to our customer service team at [email protected]
Please do get in touch if you see any content that makes you feel uncomfortable and unwelcome, either via the direct messaging function or at [email protected]. Our aim is to foster a feeling of community, and we would like our pages to be a safe space where our audience can enjoy our Collection, and enjoy lively, constructive discussion and debate.