This portrait trail marks the 2018 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting which is taking place in London from 16 to 20 April. The Commonwealth is a diverse community of nations that work together to promote prosperity, democracy and peace.
To find out more, visit chogm2018.org.uk
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.
- John Campbell Hamilton-Gordon, 1st Marquess of Aberdeen and Temair
- Dame Ishbel Maria (née Marjoribanks), Marchioness of Aberdeen and Temair
- Andrew Cant
- Henry Drummond
- Victor Alexander Bruce, 9th Earl of Elgin
- Constance Mary Bruce (née Carnegie), Countess of Elgin
- Queen Elizabeth II
- Peter Esslemont
- Robert Farquharson
- Catherine Gladstone (née Glynne)
- Helen Gladstone
- William Ewart Gladstone
- Lady Mary Glyn (née Campbell)
- Edward Carr Glyn
- Maybird Hogg
- Kate Harriet (née Burfield), Lady Lindsay
- Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
- Harold Arundel Moody
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Archibald Philip Primrose, 5th Earl of Rosebery
- Hannah Primrose (née de Rothschild), Countess of Rosebery
- George Washburn Smalley
- John Tulloch