AHRC Creative Research Capability Grant
Faces in Focus: Equipping the National Portrait Gallery’s New Conservation Laboratory for Photography, Works on Paper and Miniatures
In 2023 the Gallery was delighted to receive a grant from the UKRI-AHRC to renew and upgrade facilities for creative and cultural research (CResCa). The funding will enable the Gallery to develop its in-house expertise in the materials and techniques of Photographs, Negatives, Works on Paper and Miniatures, and thereby to instigate and support new research projects, and thereby to instigate and support new research projects.
The award of the renew and upgrade grant allowed the NPG to purchase:
- FTIR Spirit, supplied by Shimadzu UK Ltd.
- UV2600i Spectrophotometer supplied by Shimadzu UK Ltd.
- M60 Microscope supplied by Leica
- 3D video microscope supplied by Hirox
- Purair 5-24XT Portable Extraction Unit supplied by Air Science
- Storage and digital preservation of up to 4TB of data p.a.: SSD15k Nimble storage and cloud back-up