Princess Anne(1637-1640), Third daughter of Charles I
Sitter in 7 portraits
Princess Anne was the daughter of Charles I and his queen, Henrietta Maria of France. She was born in St. James's Palace and died of natural causes in Richmond Palace at the age of three. She was buried in Westminster Abbey.
published by Alexander Browne, after Sir Anthony van Dyck
- Anne of Denmark (grandmother)
- King Charles I (father)
- King Charles II (brother)
- Princess Elizabeth (sister)
- Henrietta Anne, Duchess of Orleans (sister)
- Henry, Duke of Gloucester (brother)
- King James I of England and VI of Scotland (grandfather)
- King James II (brother)
- Henrietta Maria (mother)
- Mary, Princess Royal and Princess of Orange (sister)
Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Test your memory by playing our matching pairs game. Three levels of difficulty make it fun for the whole family.
Regency familiar faces
Rearrange tiles to uncover sitters from the Gallery's Collection by playing our puzzle game.
Who do you think you were?
Answer a few lifestyle questions about the elizabethan period and discover your inner Elizabethan!