John Carr(1723-1807), Architect
Sitter in 4 portraits
The architect John Carr lived in York where he was Lord Mayor in 1770 and 1785. He produced many buildings and interior schemes for aristocratic patrons around Yorkshire, notably at Kirby Hall, Wentworth Woodhouse and at Harewood.
- Basildon Park, Reading, Berkshire
- Cannon Hall Museum, Park& Gardens, Cawthorne, Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- Constable Burton Hall Gardens, Leyburn, North Yorkshire
- Harewood House, Harewood, Leeds
- Harewood, Leeds, Yorkshire
- John Carr in the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- Newark Town Hall Museum & Art Gallery, Newark, Nottinghamshire
Make a donation
Support our Making History appeal and help us transform the Gallery.
A unique range of books, accessories and gifts. Every purchase supports the Gallery’s work.
Bring a familiar face home
Refresh your home gallery with a huge selection of custom art prints .