Elizabeth Claypole (n?e Cromwell)(1629-1658), Daughter of Oliver Cromwell
Sitter associated with 7 portraits
The second daughter of Oliver Cromwell, and his favourite child, Elizabeth Claypole is supposed to have exercised a moderating influence on him. She married John Claypole, a leading Parliamentarian in 1646.
- John Claypole (husband)
- Elizabeth Cromwell (n?e Steward) (grandmother)
- Elizabeth Cromwell (n?e Bourchier) (mother)
- Henry Cromwell (brother)
- Oliver Cromwell (father)
- Richard Cromwell (brother)
- Robert Cromwell (grandfather)
- Mary (n?e Cromwell), Countess Fauconberg (sister)
- Bridget Fleetwood (n?e Cromwell) (sister)
- Frances Russell (n?e Cromwell), Lady Russell (sister)
Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Test your memory by playing our matching pairs game. Three levels of difficulty make it fun for the whole family.
Regency familiar faces
Rearrange tiles to uncover sitters from the Gallery's Collection by playing our puzzle game.
Who do you think you were?
Answer a few lifestyle questions about the Elizabethan period and discover your inner Elizabethan!