Lord Ronald Charles Sutherland-Leveson-Gower(1845-1916), Dilettante, sculptor and writer; Trustee of the National Portrait Gallery
Sitter in 10 portraits
Artist associated with 4 portraits
Connoisseur and collector; son of the 2nd Duke of Sutherland; practised as a sculptor, and exhibited at the Royal Academy; wrote a number of art historical works; a trustee of the National Portrait Gallery for forty two years.
by Unknown photographer
- Elizabeth Georgiana (née Sutherland-Leveson-Gower), Duchess of Argyll (sister)
- Georgiana Dorothy (née Cavendish), Countess of Carlisle (grandmother)
- George Howard, 6th Earl of Carlisle (grandfather)
- George William Frederick Howard, 7th Earl of Carlisle (uncle)
- Georgiana Agar-Ellis (née Howard), Baroness Dover (aunt)
- Lady Elizabeth Dorothy Anne Georgiana Grey (née Howard) (aunt)
- Lady Caroline Georgiana Lascelles (née Howard) (aunt)
- George Granville Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 2nd Duke of Sutherland (father)
- Harriet Elizabeth Georgiana Leveson-Gower (née Howard), Duchess of Sutherland (mother)
- George Granville William Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 3rd Duke of Sutherland (brother)
- Lord Albert Sutherland-Leveson-Gower (brother)
- Mary Matilda Georgiana Labouchere (née Howard), Lady Taunton (aunt)
- Constance Grosvenor (née Sutherland-Leveson-Gower), Duchess of Westminster (sister)
Visit From Your Armchair
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
An online exhibition celebrating the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Explore our community photography project, which presents a personal record of the UK during lockdown.
Sculptures in 360°
See sculptures and fascinating objects from our Collection from all angles.
David Hockney: Drawing from Life
Watch highlights from our special exhibition, which had to close early in March 2020 due to lockdown.