Lady Caroline Lamb(1785-1828), Novelist; Wife of William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne
Sitter in 2 portraits
- Frederick Ponsonby, 3rd Earl of Bessborough (father)
- Henrietta Frances ('Harriet') Ponsonby (née Spencer), Countess of Bessborough (mother)
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (brother)
- John Ponsonby, 5th Earl of Bessborough (nephew)
- Frederick George Brabazon Ponsonby, 6th Earl of Bessborough (nephew)
- William Ponsonby, 1st Baron de Mauley (brother)
- Georgiana Cavendish (née Spencer), Duchess of Devonshire (aunt)
- Hon. Frances Anna Georgiana Kinnaird (née Ponsonby) (niece)
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (husband)
- Sir Frederic Cavendish Ponsonby (brother)
- Frederick John Ponsonby (nephew)
- Hon. Gerald Henry Brabazon Ponsonby (nephew)
- Sir Henry Frederick Ponsonby (nephew)
- Sir Spencer Cecil Brabazon Ponsonby-Fane (né Ponsonby) (nephew)
- John Spencer, 1st Earl Spencer (grandfather)
- (Margaret) Georgiana Spencer (née Poyntz), Countess Spencer (grandmother)
- George John Spencer, 2nd Earl Spencer (uncle)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.