Henry Siddons(1774-1815), Actor and playwright; son of Sarah Siddons
Sitter in 2 portraits
Henry Siddons was the eldest son of the renowned actress Sarah Siddons, and occasionally acted with his mother Sarah Siddons. He regularly appeared at the Covent Garden and Drury Lane theatres, before taking up the management of the Theatre Royal, Edinburgh in 1809. Siddons also wrote several plays and novels.
- Cecilia Combe (née Siddons) (sister)
- Charles Kemble (uncle)
- Frances ('Fanny') Kemble (aunt)
- John Philip Kemble (uncle)
- Roger Kemble (grandfather)
- Stephen Kemble (uncle)
- George John Siddons (brother)
- Maria Siddons (sister)
- Sarah Martha ('Sally') Siddons (sister)
- Sarah Siddons (née Kemble) (mother)
- Elizabeth Whitlock (née Kemble) (aunt)
Make a donation
Support our Make History appeal and help us transform the Gallery.
A unique range of books, accessories and gifts. Every purchase supports the Gallery’s work.
Bring a familiar face home
Refresh your home gallery with a huge selection of custom art prints .