James Smith Stanley, Lord Strange(1717-1771), Son of 11th Earl of Derby; husband of Lucy Stanley (née Smith)
Sitter associated with 3 portraits
- Edward Stanley, 11th Earl of Derby (father)
- Elizabeth Stanley (née Hesketh), Countess of Derby (mother)
- Edward Smith Stanley, 12th Earl of Derby (son)
- Edward Smith Stanley, 13th Earl of Derby (grandson)
- Lucy Stanley (née Smith) (wife)
- Sir Thomas Stanley, 4th Bt of Bickerstaffe (grandfather)
- Mary Margaret Egerton (née Stanley), Countess of Wilton (granddaughter)
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.