George Granville Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 2nd Duke of Sutherland(1786-1861), President of the British Institution
Sitter associated with 12 portraits
by James Gillray, published by Hannah Humphrey
by Samuel William Reynolds Jr, and by William Walker, after Sir Thomas Lawrence
published by Sir Francis Graham Moon, 1st Bt, after Charles Robert Leslie
by Émile Desmaisons, printed by Lemercier, published by A.H. & C.E. Baily
- Elizabeth Georgiana (née Sutherland-Leveson-Gower), Duchess of Argyll (daughter)
- Harriet Elizabeth Georgiana Leveson-Gower (née Howard), Duchess of Sutherland (wife)
- George Granville William Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 3rd Duke of Sutherland (son)
- Lord Albert Sutherland-Leveson-Gower (son)
- Lord Ronald Charles Sutherland-Leveson-Gower (son)
- Constance Grosvenor (née Sutherland-Leveson-Gower), Duchess of Westminster (daughter)
Develop your art skills
Discover our BP Next Generation short films made by artists. Follow step by step guides in drawing and painting techniques.
Hold Still photography workshop
Reflect on your own experiences of lockdown through this easy-to-do from home, photographic exercise.
Draw Like a Renaissance Master
Revisit The Encounter exhibition and learn about Renaissance and Baroque drawing methods and materials.