Evelyn Waugh(1903-1966), Novelist
Sitter associated with 53 portraits
Novelist famed for his satirical observations and black humour in works such as Vile Bodies (1930) and Scoop (1938). Waugh wrote the romantically nostalgic Brideshead Revisited (1945) and a trilogy of war novels Sword of Honour (1952-61).
- (Maria) Teresa D'Arms (née Waugh) (daughter)
- Margaret ('Meg') Fitzherbert (née Waugh) (daughter)
- Veronica Keeling (née Waugh) (niece)
- Evelyn Florence Margaret Winifred Nightingale (née Gardner, formerly Waugh) (wife)
- Alexander Raban ('Alec') Waugh (brother)
- Andrew Alexander Waugh (nephew)
- Auberon Alexander Waugh (son)
- Harriet Mary ('Hatty') Waugh (daughter)
- James Waugh (son)
- Laura Waugh (née Herbert) (wife)
- Septimus Waugh (son)
Make a donation
Support our Making History appeal and help us transform the Gallery.
A unique range of books, accessories and gifts. Every purchase supports the Gallery’s work.
Bring a familiar face home
Refresh your home gallery with a huge selection of custom art prints .