Edward Augustus, Duke of York and Albany(1739-1767), Son of Frederick, Prince of Wales; brother of King George III
Sitter associated with 11 portraits
Entered the navy as a midshipman and served under Admiral Howe, 1758-59. He died of fever at Monaco.
by Richard Wilson
by John Faber Jr, published by John Bowles, and published by Carington Bowles, after Barthélémy Dupan (Du Pan)
by John Sebastian Miller (formerly Johann Sebastian Müller), after Samuel Wale
by Richard Houston, published by Elizabeth Bakewell, and published by Henry Parker, and published by Robert Sayer, after Henry Robert Morland
- Augusta of Saxe-Gotha, Princess of Wales (mother)
- Princess Augusta Charlotte, Duchess of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttell (sister)
- Caroline Matilda, Queen of Denmark (sister)
- Princess Elizabeth Caroline (sister)
- Frederick Lewis, Prince of Wales (father)
- Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland and Strathearn (brother)
- King George II (grandfather)
- King George III (brother)
- Prince William Henry, 1st Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh (brother)
Make a donation
Support our Making History appeal and help us transform the Gallery.
A unique range of books, accessories and gifts. Every purchase supports the Gallery’s work.
Bring a familiar face home
Refresh your home gallery with a huge selection of custom art prints .