Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent(1906-1968), Wife of Prince George, Duke of Kent; daughter of Prince and Princess Nicholas of Greece and of Denmark
Sitter in 114 portraits
Artist of 1 portrait
Princess Marina, daughter of Prince and Princess Nicholas of Greece and of Denmark, married Prince George, son of King George V and Queen Mary in 1934. The couple were created Duke and Duchess of Kent, and the glamorous young duchess was considered one of the best-dressed women of her time.
- Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy (daughter)
- Princess Elena of Greece and Denmark (née Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna of Russia) (mother)
- Elizabeth, Countess Toerring-Jettenbach (sister)
- George I, King of Greece (grandfather)
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (husband)
- Prince Edward George Nicholas Paul Patrick, Duke of Kent (son)
- Marie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of Russia (grandmother)
- Prince Michael of Kent (son)
- Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark (father)
- Princess Paul of Yugoslavia (Princess Olga of Greece) (sister)
Become a Member
Enjoy access to special events, discounts on the Gallery online shop, supporters’ updates and much more
Bringing people together by sharing the portraits and stories of the men and women who have shaped our nation.
Sign up to receive information on exhibitions, collections and activities of the National Portrait Gallery, including special offers, shop products, and exclusive competitions.