Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex(1984-), Son of Charles, Prince of Wales
Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex
Sitter in 16 portraits
The younger son of The Prince of Wales and the late Diana, Princess of Wales. On leaving school he spent a gap year in Australia and Africa. In 2004, he began preparing for the Regular Commissions Board (RCB) exams, which he passed. In May 2005 he entered Royal Military Academy Sandhurst to begin his training as an officer in the Army, and in April the following year he was commissioned as an army officer. He holds the rank of Captain in The Household Cavalry (Blues and Royals) and is training to become an Army Air Corps Helicopter Pilot. In early 2008, he served with NATO forces in Afghanistan. He co-founded the charity Sentebale, which helps children in Lesotho.
Watch a film clip on the sitter from the BBC Archive in the Media section below
by Mario Testino
by Lord Snowdon
by Dan Evans, published by Octopus Publishing Group Ltd
- Prince Andrew, Duke of York (uncle)
- Princess Anne (aunt)
- Prince Charles (father)
- Diana, Princess of Wales (mother)
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (grandfather)
- Prince Edward Antony Richard Louis, Earl of Wessex (uncle)
- Queen Elizabeth II (grandmother)
- Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge (nephew)
- Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (wife)
- Edward John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer (grandfather)
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (brother)
Become a Member
Enjoy access to special events, discounts on the Gallery online shop, supporters’ updates and much more
Bringing people together by sharing the portraits and stories of the men and women who have shaped our nation.
Sign up to recieve information on exhibitions, collections and activities of the National Portrait Gallery, including special offers, shop products, and exclusive competitions.