Princess Augusta Charlotte, Duchess of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttell(1737-1813), Daughter of Frederick Prince of Wales, eldest sister of George III
Sitter associated with 11 portraits
by John Faber Jr, published by John Bowles, and published by Carington Bowles, after Barthélémy Dupan (Du Pan)
by John Sebastian Miller (formerly Johann Sebastian Müller), after Samuel Wale
by Richard Purcell (H. Fowler, Charles or Philip Corbutt), after Sir Joshua Reynolds
by John Faber Jr, after Charles Philips
by Richard Houston, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
by Noble, after Dodd
- Augusta of Saxe-Gotha, Princess of Wales (mother)
- Caroline Amelia Elizabeth of Brunswick (daughter)
- Caroline Matilda, Queen of Denmark (sister)
- Prince Charles George Augustus of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (son)
- Edward Augustus, Duke of York and Albany (brother)
- Princess Elizabeth Caroline (sister)
- Frederick Lewis, Prince of Wales (father)
- Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland and Strathearn (brother)
- King George III (brother)
- Princess Louisa Anne (sister)
- Prince William Henry, 1st Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh (brother)
Visit From Your Armchair
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
An online exhibition celebrating the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Explore our community photography project, which presents a personal record of the UK during lockdown.
Sculptures in 360°
See sculptures and fascinating objects from our Collection from all angles.
David Hockney: Drawing from Life
Watch highlights from our special exhibition, which had to close early in March 2020 due to lockdown.