Caroline Matilda, Queen of Denmark(1751-1775), Queen of Christian VII; daughter of Frederick, Prince of Wales
Sitter in 2 portraits
by James Watson, sold by Ryland and Bryer, after Francis Cotes
- Prince Adolphus Frederick, Duke of Cambridge (nephew)
- Princess Amelia (niece)
- Augusta of Saxe-Gotha, Princess of Wales (mother)
- Princess Augusta Charlotte, Duchess of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttell (sister)
- Christian VII, King of Denmark and Norway (husband)
- Edward Augustus, Duke of York and Albany (brother)
- Princess Elizabeth Caroline (sister)
- Frederick Lewis, Prince of Wales (father)
- Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland and Strathearn (brother)
- King George III (brother)
- Princess Louisa Anne (sister)
- Prince William Henry, 1st Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh (brother)
Develop your art skills
Discover our BP Next Generation short films made by artists. Follow step by step guides in drawing and painting techniques.
Hold Still photography workshop
Reflect on your own experiences of lockdown through this easy-to-do from home, photographic exercise.
Draw Like a Renaissance Master
Revisit The Encounter exhibition and learn about Renaissance and Baroque drawing methods and materials.