James Hamilton, 1st Duke of Abercorn(1811-1885), Landowner and politician; Lord Lieutenant of Ireland
Sitter in 13 portraits
by Samuel Henry Gordon Alken, and by George Augustus Sala, published by Ackermann & Co
hand coloured etching and aquatint, 1 March 1853
by Carlo Pellegrini
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 25 September 1869
- Louisa Jane (née Russell), Duchess of Abercorn (wife)
- James Hamilton, 2nd Duke of Abercorn (son)
- Albertha (née Hamilton), Marchioness of Blandford (daughter)
- Louisa Jane (née Hamilton), Duchess of Buccleuch (daughter)
- Lord Claud Hamilton (brother)
- Lord Claud John Hamilton (son)
- Lord Ernest William Hamilton (son)
- Lord Frederick Spencer Hamilton (son)
- Lord George Francis Hamilton (son)
- Maud Evelyn (née Hamilton), Marchioness of Lansdowne (daughter)
- Georgiana Susan (née Hamilton), Countess of Winterton (daughter)
Visit From Your Armchair
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
An online exhibition celebrating the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Explore our community photography project, which presents a personal record of the UK during lockdown.
Sculptures in 360°
See sculptures and fascinating objects from our Collection from all angles.
David Hockney: Drawing from Life
Watch highlights from our special exhibition, which had to close early in March 2020 due to lockdown.