Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha(1819-1861), Prince Consort of Queen Victoria
Sitter in 209 portraits
Artist associated with 2 portraits
Second son of Ernest, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha; married his cousin, Queen Victoria, 1840, and played an influential role in public life. Noted as a patron of the arts, Prince Albert was largely responsible for the Great Exhibition of 1851.
- Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany (son)
- Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh and Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (son)
- Prince Alfred of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (grandson)
- Princess Alice, Grand Duchess of Hesse (daughter)
- Prince Arthur, 1st Duke of Connaught and Strathearn (son)
- Princess Beatrice of Battenberg (daughter)
- King Edward VII (son)
- King George V (grandson)
- Princess Helena Augusta Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein (daughter)
- Leopold I, King of the Belgians (uncle)
- Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, Duchess of Argyll (daughter)
- Queen Victoria (wife)
- Victoria, Empress of Germany and Queen of Prussia (daughter)
- Princess Victoria Alberta Elisabeth Mathilde Marie (née Princess of Hesse), Marchioness of Milford-Haven (granddaughter)
Make a donation
Support our Make History appeal and help us transform the Gallery.
A unique range of books, accessories and gifts. Every purchase supports the Gallery’s work.
Bring a familiar face home
Refresh your home gallery with a huge selection of custom art prints .