Sir Charles Barry(1795-1860), Architect
Sitter in 8 portraits
The leading architect of his generation; worked mostly in a classical or Italianate style; responsible, with Pugin, for the Houses of Parliament.
- Blue plaque, The Elms, Clapham Common North Side, Clapham, London SW4 9SP
- Cliveden House, Maidenhead, Kent
- Gawthorpe Hall, Padiham, Lancashire
- Harewood House, Leeds, Yorkshire
- Highclere Castle & Gardens, Newbury, Berkshire
- Kingston Lacy, Wimborne Minster, Dorset
- Palace of Westminster, London
- Sir Charles Barry in the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.