John Carr(1723-1807), Architect
Sitter in 4 portraits
The architect John Carr lived in York where he was Lord Mayor in 1770 and 1785. He produced many buildings and interior schemes for aristocratic patrons around Yorkshire, notably at Kirby Hall, Wentworth Woodhouse and at Harewood.
- Basildon Park, Reading, Berkshire
- Cannon Hall Museum, Park& Gardens, Cawthorne, Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- Constable Burton Hall Gardens, Leyburn, North Yorkshire
- Harewood House, Harewood, Leeds
- Harewood, Leeds, Yorkshire
- John Carr in the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- Newark Town Hall Museum & Art Gallery, Newark, Nottinghamshire
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.