Charles Compton Cavendish, 1st Baron Chesham(1793-1863), Liberal politician; MP for East Sussex and Buckinghamshire
Sitter in 1 portrait
- Elizabeth (née Compton), Countess of Burlington (mother)
- Lord George Henry Cavendish (nephew)
- Lord Richard Cavendish (nephew)
- Lord Richard Cavendish (uncle)
- William Cavendish (brother)
- Charles Compton William Cavendish, 3rd Baron Chesham (grandson)
- William Cavendish, 5th Duke of Devonshire (uncle)
- William Cavendish, 7th Duke of Devonshire (nephew)
- Lady Anne Fitzroy (née Cavendish) (sister)
- Dorothy Bentinck (née Cavendish), Duchess of Portland (aunt)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.