Sarah Churchill(1914-1982), Actress and dancer; daughter of Sir Winston Churchill
Sitter in 27 portraits
Watch a film clip on the sitter from the BBC Archive in the Media section below
by Sir John Lavery
oil on canvas, circa 1915
- Antony Beauchamp (husband)
- Lord Randolph Henry Spencer Churchill (grandfather)
- Arabella Churchill (niece)
- Diana Churchill (Mrs Bailey, later Mrs Sandys) (sister)
- Jeanette ('Jennie') Churchill (née Jerome), Lady Randolph Churchill (grandmother)
- Randolph Frederick Edward Spencer Churchill (brother)
- Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (father)
- Winston Spencer Churchill (nephew)
- Emma Mary Soames (niece)
- Clementine Ogilvy Spencer-Churchill (née Hozier), Baroness Spencer-Churchill (mother)
Develop your art skills
Discover our BP Next Generation short films made by artists. Follow step by step guides in drawing and painting techniques.
Hold Still photography workshop
Reflect on your own experiences of lockdown through this easy-to-do from home, photographic exercise.
Draw Like a Renaissance Master
Revisit The Encounter exhibition and learn about Renaissance and Baroque drawing methods and materials.