Richard Cromwell(1626-1712), Lord Protector of England
Sitter associated with 22 portraits
Nominated Lord Protector in succession to his father, 1658; deposed 1659.
- Elizabeth Claypole (née Cromwell) (sister)
- Dorothy Cromwell (née Maijor) (wife)
- Elizabeth Cromwell (née Steward) (grandmother)
- Elizabeth Cromwell (née Bourchier) (mother)
- Henry Cromwell (brother)
- Oliver Cromwell (father)
- Robert Cromwell (grandfather)
- Mary (née Cromwell), Countess Fauconberg (sister)
- Bridget Fleetwood (née Cromwell) (sister)
- Frances Russell (née Cromwell), Lady Russell (sister)
Become a Member
Enjoy access to special events, discounts on the Gallery online shop, supporters’ updates and much more
Bringing people together by sharing the portraits and stories of the men and women who have shaped our nation.
Sign up to receive information on exhibitions, collections and activities of the National Portrait Gallery, including special offers, shop products, and exclusive competitions.