Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland and Strathearn(1745-1790), Brother of George III
Sitter associated with 6 portraits
by John Faber Jr, published by John Bowles, and published by Carington Bowles, after Barthélémy Dupan (Du Pan)
mezzotint, circa 1746-1756
after Jean Etienne Liotard
line engraving, circa 1750
by Francesco Bartolozzi, after John Singleton Copley
line engraving, published 1791
- Augusta of Saxe-Gotha, Princess of Wales (mother)
- Princess Augusta Charlotte, Duchess of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttell (sister)
- Caroline Wilhelmina of Brandenburg-Ansbach (grandmother)
- Caroline Matilda, Queen of Denmark (sister)
- Anne (née Luttrell), Duchess of Cumberland and Strathearn (wife)
- Edward Augustus, Duke of York and Albany (brother)
- Princess Elizabeth Caroline (sister)
- Frederick Lewis, Prince of Wales (father)
- King George II (grandfather)
- King George III (brother)
- Prince William Henry, 1st Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh (brother)
Tudor and Elizabethan matching pairs
Test your memory by playing our matching pairs game. Three levels of difficulty make it fun for the whole family.
Regency familiar faces
Rearrange tiles to uncover sitters from the Gallery's Collection by playing our puzzle game.
Who do you think you were?
Answer a few lifestyle questions about the Elizabethan period and discover your inner Elizabethan!