William Cavendish, 7th Duke of Devonshire(1808-1891), Promoter of science and industry and land owner
Sitter in 10 portraits
by Carlo Pellegrini
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 6 June 1874
- Elizabeth (née Compton), Countess of Burlington (grandmother)
- Lord Edward Cavendish (son)
- Lord Frederick Charles Cavendish (son)
- Lord George Henry Cavendish (brother)
- Lord Richard Cavendish (brother)
- Lord Richard Frederick Cavendish (grandson)
- William Cavendish (father)
- Charles Compton Cavendish, 1st Baron Chesham (uncle)
- Spencer Compton Cavendish, 8th Duke of Devonshire (son)
- Victor Christian William Cavendish, 9th Duke of Devonshire (grandson)
- Lady Louisa Caroline Egerton (née Cavendish) (daughter)
- Lady Anne Fitzroy (née Cavendish) (aunt)
Watch our playlist exploring scientific techniques used by the Gallery to unlock the secrets behind our Tudor portraits.
Subjects and themes
Search the collection by themes - from pets to weddings!
Black History Month
Take a tour exploring our Collection created by Alayo Akinkugbe for Black History Month in 2020.
A Picture of Health
Learn about pioneers in medicine, health and social reform from 1840 to 1920.