William Cavendish, 7th Duke of Devonshire(1808-1891), Promoter of science and industry and land owner
Sitter in 10 portraits
by Carlo Pellegrini
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 6 June 1874
- Elizabeth (née Compton), Countess of Burlington (grandmother)
- Lord Edward Cavendish (son)
- Lord Frederick Charles Cavendish (son)
- Lord George Henry Cavendish (brother)
- Lord Richard Cavendish (brother)
- Lord Richard Frederick Cavendish (grandson)
- William Cavendish (father)
- Charles Compton Cavendish, 1st Baron Chesham (uncle)
- Spencer Compton Cavendish, 8th Duke of Devonshire (son)
- Victor Christian William Cavendish, 9th Duke of Devonshire (grandson)
- Lady Louisa Caroline Egerton (née Cavendish) (daughter)
- Lady Anne Fitzroy (née Cavendish) (aunt)
View a wide collection of video content on our YouTube channel from past projects to our latest films.
Artist and sitter interviews
Get insights into creating portraiture from BP Portrait Award 2020 artists and their sitters.
Watch our film created to say ‘goodbye’ to the Gallery before we closed for our major transformation project.