Sir Gerald Du Maurier(1873-1934), Actor-manager; son of George Du Maurier
Sitter in 50 portraits
Actor-manager. The son of George du Maurier, Gerald appeared in 1895 in the dramatised version of his father's novel, Trilby. His name was made, however, with his appearance as The Hon. Ernest Woolley in J. M. Barrie's The Admirable Crichton in 1902, the start of an association with the playwright which lasted through eight of Barrie's plays.
by Bassano Ltd
halftone reproduction, published 2 August 1916
- 'Muriel Beaumont', Lady Du Maurier (wife)
- George Llewelyn Davies (nephew)
- Nico Llewelyn Davies (nephew)
- Angela Du Maurier (daughter)
- Dame Daphne Du Maurier (daughter)
- George Louis Palmella Busson Du Maurier (father)
- Jeanne Du Maurier (daughter)
- Jack Llewelyn Davies (nephew)
- Michael Llewelyn Davies (nephew)
- Peter Llewelyn Davies (nephew)
- Sylvia Jocelyn Llewelyn Davies (née Du Maurier) (sister)
View a wide collection of video content on our YouTube channel from past projects to our latest films.
Artist and sitter interviews
Get insights into creating portraiture from BP Portrait Award 2020 artists and their sitters.
Watch our film created to say ‘goodbye’ to the Gallery before we closed for our major transformation project.