Sir Gerald Du Maurier(1873-1934), Actor-manager; son of George Du Maurier
Sitter in 50 portraits
Actor-manager. The son of George du Maurier, Gerald appeared in 1895 in the dramatised version of his father's novel, Trilby. His name was made, however, with his appearance as The Hon. Ernest Woolley in J. M. Barrie's The Admirable Crichton in 1902, the start of an association with the playwright which lasted through eight of Barrie's plays.
by Bassano Ltd
halftone reproduction, published 2 August 1916
- 'Muriel Beaumont', Lady Du Maurier (wife)
- George Llewelyn Davies (nephew)
- Nico Llewelyn Davies (nephew)
- Angela Du Maurier (daughter)
- Dame Daphne Du Maurier (daughter)
- George Louis Palmella Busson Du Maurier (father)
- Jeanne Du Maurier (daughter)
- Jack Llewelyn Davies (nephew)
- Michael Llewelyn Davies (nephew)
- Peter Llewelyn Davies (nephew)
- Sylvia Jocelyn Llewelyn Davies (née Du Maurier) (sister)
Visit From Your Armchair
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
An online exhibition celebrating the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Explore our community photography project, which presents a personal record of the UK during lockdown.
Sculptures in 360°
See sculptures and fascinating objects from our Collection from all angles.
David Hockney: Drawing from Life
Watch highlights from our special exhibition, which had to close early in March 2020 due to lockdown.