Lord Ronald Charles Sutherland-Leveson-Gower(1845-1916), Dilettante, sculptor and writer; Trustee of the National Portrait Gallery
Sitter in 10 portraits
Artist associated with 4 portraits
Connoisseur and collector; son of the 2nd Duke of Sutherland; practised as a sculptor, and exhibited at the Royal Academy; wrote a number of art historical works; a trustee of the National Portrait Gallery for forty two years.
by Unknown photographer
albumen print, July 1868
by Sir Leslie Ward
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 18 August 1877
- Elizabeth Georgiana (née Sutherland-Leveson-Gower), Duchess of Argyll (sister)
- Georgiana Dorothy (née Cavendish), Countess of Carlisle (grandmother)
- George Howard, 6th Earl of Carlisle (grandfather)
- George William Frederick Howard, 7th Earl of Carlisle (uncle)
- Georgiana Agar-Ellis (née Howard), Baroness Dover (aunt)
- Lady Elizabeth Dorothy Anne Georgiana Grey (née Howard) (aunt)
- Lady Caroline Georgiana Lascelles (née Howard) (aunt)
- George Granville Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 2nd Duke of Sutherland (father)
- Harriet Elizabeth Georgiana Leveson-Gower (née Howard), Duchess of Sutherland (mother)
- George Granville William Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 3rd Duke of Sutherland (brother)
- Lord Albert Sutherland-Leveson-Gower (brother)
- Mary Matilda Georgiana Labouchere (née Howard), Lady Taunton (aunt)
- Constance Grosvenor (née Sutherland-Leveson-Gower), Duchess of Westminster (sister)
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.