Anne Wellesley (née Hill), Countess of Mornington(1742-1831), Wife of 1st Earl of Mornington; mother of 1st Duke of Wellington
Sitter in 3 portraits
by Thomas Hodgetts, published by Welch & Gwynne, after Priscilla Anne Fane (née Wellesley-Pole), Countess of Westmorland
mezzotint, published 1 January 1839
- Mary Sarah (née Wellesley), Countess Cadogan (granddaughter)
- Henry Richard Charles Wellesley, 1st Earl Cowley (grandson)
- Hyacinthe Mary Littleton (née Wellesley), Lady Hatherton (granddaughter)
- William Wellesley-Pole, 3rd Earl of Mornington (son)
- William Pole-Tylney-Long-Wellesley, 4th Earl of Mornington (grandson)
- Richard Colley Wellesley, Marquess Wellesley (son)
- Hon. Gerald Valerian Wellesley (grandson)
- Henry Wellesley (grandson)
- Richard Wellesley (grandson)
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (son)
- Priscilla Anne Fane (née Wellesley-Pole), Countess of Westmorland (granddaughter)
Develop your art skills
Discover our BP Next Generation short films made by artists. Follow step by step guides in drawing and painting techniques.
Hold Still photography workshop
Reflect on your own experiences of lockdown through this easy-to-do from home, photographic exercise.
Draw Like a Renaissance Master
Revisit The Encounter exhibition and learn about Renaissance and Baroque drawing methods and materials.