Anne Wellesley (née Hill), Countess of Mornington(1742-1831), Wife of 1st Earl of Mornington; mother of 1st Duke of Wellington
Sitter in 3 portraits
by Thomas Hodgetts, published by Welch & Gwynne, after Priscilla Anne Fane (née Wellesley-Pole), Countess of Westmorland
mezzotint, published 1 January 1839
- Mary Sarah (née Wellesley), Countess Cadogan (granddaughter)
- Henry Richard Charles Wellesley, 1st Earl Cowley (grandson)
- Hyacinthe Mary Littleton (née Wellesley), Lady Hatherton (granddaughter)
- William Wellesley-Pole, 3rd Earl of Mornington (son)
- William Pole-Tylney-Long-Wellesley, 4th Earl of Mornington (grandson)
- Richard Colley Wellesley, Marquess Wellesley (son)
- Hon. Gerald Valerian Wellesley (grandson)
- Henry Wellesley (grandson)
- Richard Wellesley (grandson)
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (son)
- Priscilla Anne Fane (née Wellesley-Pole), Countess of Westmorland (granddaughter)
View a wide collection of video content on our YouTube channel from past projects to our latest films.
Artist and sitter interviews
Get insights into creating portraiture from BP Portrait Award 2020 artists and their sitters.
Watch our film created to say ‘goodbye’ to the Gallery before we closed for our major transformation project.