Alfred Charles de Rothschild(1842-1918), Banker; Director of the Bank of England; Trustee of the National Gallery and the Wallace Collection; son of Lionel Nathan de Rothschild, Baron de Rothschild
Sitter in 7 portraits
by Henry Jamyn Brooks
oil on canvas, 1889
by Camille Silvy
albumen print, 22 September 1861
by Sir Leslie Ward
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 31 May 1884
after Henry Jamyn Brooks
photograph, 1919 or after
- Anthony Gustav de Rothschild (nephew)
- Evelyn Achille de Rothschild (nephew)
- Leopold de Rothschild (brother)
- Lionel Nathan de Rothschild (father)
- Lionel Nathan de Rothschild (nephew)
- Mayer Amschel de Rothschild, Baron de Rothschild (uncle)
- Nathaniel Mayer ('Natty') de Rothschild, 1st Baron Rothschild (brother)
- Lionel Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild (nephew)
- Nathaniel Charles Rothschild (nephew)
- Nathan Meyer Rothschild (grandfather)
Visit From Your Armchair
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
An online exhibition celebrating the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Explore our community photography project, which presents a personal record of the UK during lockdown.
Sculptures in 360°
See sculptures and fascinating objects from our Collection from all angles.
David Hockney: Drawing from Life
Watch highlights from our special exhibition, which had to close early in March 2020 due to lockdown.