Lionel Nathan de Rothschild(1808-1879), Banker and philanthropist
Sitter in 4 portraits
by Carlo Pellegrini
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 22 September 1877
- Alfred Charles de Rothschild (son)
- Anthony Gustav de Rothschild (grandson)
- Evelyn Achille de Rothschild (grandson)
- Leopold de Rothschild (son)
- Lionel Nathan de Rothschild (grandson)
- Mayer Amschel de Rothschild, Baron de Rothschild (brother)
- Caroline Blanche Elizabeth (née FitzRoy), Lady Lindsay (niece)
- Hannah Primrose (née de Rothschild), Countess of Rosebery (niece)
- Nathaniel Mayer ('Natty') de Rothschild, 1st Baron Rothschild (son)
- Lionel Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild (grandson)
- Nathaniel Charles Rothschild (grandson)
- Nathan Meyer Rothschild (father)
Visit From Your Armchair
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
An online exhibition celebrating the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Explore our community photography project, which presents a personal record of the UK during lockdown.
Sculptures in 360°
See sculptures and fascinating objects from our Collection from all angles.
David Hockney: Drawing from Life
Watch highlights from our special exhibition, which had to close early in March 2020 due to lockdown.