Henry Siddons(1774-1815), Actor and playwright; son of Sarah Siddons
Sitter in 2 portraits
Henry Siddons was the eldest son of the renowned actress Sarah Siddons, and occasionally acted with his mother Sarah Siddons. He regularly appeared at the Covent Garden and Drury Lane theatres, before taking up the management of the Theatre Royal, Edinburgh in 1809. Siddons also wrote several plays and novels.
by and published by James Caldwall (Caldwell), published by and after William Hamilton
mezzotint, published 1 June 1785
- Cecilia Combe (née Siddons) (sister)
- Charles Kemble (uncle)
- Frances ('Fanny') Kemble (aunt)
- John Philip Kemble (uncle)
- Roger Kemble (grandfather)
- Stephen Kemble (uncle)
- George John Siddons (brother)
- Maria Siddons (sister)
- Sarah Martha ('Sally') Siddons (sister)
- Sarah Siddons (née Kemble) (mother)
- Elizabeth Whitlock (née Kemble) (aunt)
Visit From Your Armchair
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
An online exhibition celebrating the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Explore our community photography project, which presents a personal record of the UK during lockdown.
Sculptures in 360°
See sculptures and fascinating objects from our Collection from all angles.
David Hockney: Drawing from Life
Watch highlights from our special exhibition, which had to close early in March 2020 due to lockdown.