George Stevens Byng, 2nd Earl of Strafford(1806-1886), Whig politician; Comptroller of the Household and Captain
Sitter in 4 portraits
- Lady Mary Caroline Charlotte Arkwright (née Byng) (daughter)
- Lady Margaret Florence Lucy Boscawen (née Byng) (daughter)
- Julian Byng, 1st Viscount Byng of Vimy (son)
- Hon. Arthur George Byng (grandson)
- George Byng (grandfather)
- George Byng (uncle)
- Lady Hester Joan Lambart, 10th Countess of the County of Cavan (granddaughter)
- Edmund Henry Byng, 6th Earl of Strafford (grandson)
- John Byng, 1st Earl of Strafford (father)
- George Henry Charles Byng, 3rd Earl of Strafford (son)
- Henry William John Byng, 4th Earl of Strafford (son)
- Francis Edmund Cecil Byng, 5th Earl of Strafford (son)
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.