George Henry Charles Byng, 3rd Earl of Strafford(1830-1898), Politician; Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs and India
Sitter in 5 portraits
by James Jacques Tissot
chromolithograph, published in Vanity Fair 14 September 1872
- Lady Mary Caroline Charlotte Arkwright (née Byng) (sister)
- Hon. Arthur George Byng (nephew)
- Lady Hester Joan Lambart, 10th Countess of the County of Cavan (niece)
- Edmund Henry Byng, 6th Earl of Strafford (nephew)
- John Byng, 1st Earl of Strafford (grandfather)
- George Stevens Byng, 2nd Earl of Strafford (father)
- Alice Byng (née Egerton), Countess of Strafford (wife)
- Henry William John Byng, 4th Earl of Strafford (brother)
- Francis Edmund Cecil Byng, 5th Earl of Strafford (brother)
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.