Robert Walker(1599-1658), Painter
Sitter in 3 portraits
Artist associated with 143 portraits
Walker was a prolific portrait painter, chiefly patronised by Parliamentarians, among them Cromwell, Ireton and Fairfax. He often used poses derived from van Dyck's portraits, but he had a distinct, soft style of his own.
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.
- Meet the Locals Tour
- Stuarts and Civil War prints
- Top selling prints
- Stuart portraits and the Civil War
- Kings & Queens
- Prints of paintings
- Best selling prints
- National Portrait Gallery works in Elizabeth to Victoria exhibition at the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow
- Dame Helen Gardner Fund
- The Art Fund
- National Heritage Memorial Fund
- Portraits featuring - Chain