George Frederic Watts(1817-1904), Painter and sculptor; Trustee of the National Portrait Gallery
Sitter in 43 portraits
Artist associated with 92 portraits
Painter; won premiums at Westminster Palace Competitions, 1842 and 1847; visited Italy, 1843-7; his large allegorical works on universal themes appealed deeply to the Victorians, and he was considered to be the greatest English artist of his age; RA, 1867; married the actress Ellen Terry, 1864 (separated 1865), and secondly the artist and ceramicist Mary Fraser Tytler, 1886.
- The Watts Collection
- Only Connect - installation video
- Only Connect
- Rebel women
- Princes of Victorian Bohemia: Photographs by David Wilkie Wynfield
- Julia Margaret Cameron: 'Poets, prophets, painters and lovely maidens'
- Self image: making a self-portrait (2)
- Perspective: Seeing where you stand
- Explore the portraits and room in the Private View of the Old Masters Exhibition at the Royal Academy
- Life and death masks