George Wyndham(1863-1913), Politician; Under-Secretary of State for War and author
Sitter associated with 25 portraits
As Under-Secretary of State for War, Wyndham played a prominent role in defending British policy, and one speech in particular- delivered in the Commons on 1 February 1900- was widely applauded in Britain. In October 1900 he was appointed chief secretary for Ireland.
by Frank T. Foulsham, published by Underwood & Underwood
albumen stereoscopic card, 1900
- Madeline Pamela Constance Blanche Adeane (née Wyndham) (sister)
- Pamela Grey (née Wyndham, later Lady Glenconner), Viscountess Grey of Fallodon (sister)
- Sibell Mary Grosvenor (née Lumley), Countess Grosvenor (later Lady Wyndham) (wife)
- Mary Constance Charteris (née Wyndham), Countess of Wemyss (sister)
- Guy Percy Wyndham (brother)
- Guy Richard Charles Wyndham (nephew)
- Madeline Caroline Frances Eden Wyndham (née Campbell) (mother)
- Olivia Madeline Grace Mary Wyndham (niece)
- Percy Scawen Wyndham (father)
View a wide collection of video content on our YouTube channel from past projects to our latest films.
Artist and sitter interviews
Get insights into creating portraiture from BP Portrait Award 2020 artists and their sitters.
Watch our film created to say ‘goodbye’ to the Gallery before we closed for our major transformation project.