Edward Augustus, Duke of York and Albany(1739-1767), Son of Frederick, Prince of Wales; brother of King George III
Sitter associated with 11 portraits
Entered the navy as a midshipman and served under Admiral Howe, 1758-59. He died of fever at Monaco.
by John Faber Jr, published by John Bowles, and published by Carington Bowles, after Barthélémy Dupan (Du Pan)
mezzotint, circa 1746-1756
- Augusta of Saxe-Gotha, Princess of Wales (mother)
- Princess Augusta Charlotte, Duchess of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttell (sister)
- Caroline Matilda, Queen of Denmark (sister)
- Princess Elizabeth Caroline (sister)
- Frederick Lewis, Prince of Wales (father)
- Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland and Strathearn (brother)
- King George II (grandfather)
- King George III (brother)
- Prince William Henry, 1st Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh (brother)
Visit From Your Armchair
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize
An online exhibition celebrating the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Explore our community photography project, which presents a personal record of the UK during lockdown.
Sculptures in 360°
See sculptures and fascinating objects from our Collection from all angles.
David Hockney: Drawing from Life
Watch highlights from our special exhibition, which had to close early in March 2020 due to lockdown.