Edward Augustus, Duke of York and Albany(1739-1767), Son of Frederick, Prince of Wales; brother of King George III
Sitter associated with 11 portraits
Entered the navy as a midshipman and served under Admiral Howe, 1758-59. He died of fever at Monaco.
by Richard Wilson
oil on canvas, circa 1749
by John Faber Jr, published by John Bowles, and published by Carington Bowles, after Barthélémy Dupan (Du Pan)
mezzotint, circa 1746-1756
- Augusta of Saxe-Gotha, Princess of Wales (mother)
- Princess Augusta Charlotte, Duchess of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttell (sister)
- Caroline Matilda, Queen of Denmark (sister)
- Princess Elizabeth Caroline (sister)
- Frederick Lewis, Prince of Wales (father)
- Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland and Strathearn (brother)
- King George II (grandfather)
- King George III (brother)
- Prince William Henry, 1st Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh (brother)
Listen to a series of podcasts exploring the lives of pioneering women, past and present.
William Eggleston was closely associated with the alternative music scene in Memphis. Revisit our 2016 exhibition and listen to a special playlist.
Links to audio and transcripts of interviews with artists, sitters and historic recordings.