Louisa Jane (née Hamilton), Duchess of Buccleuch(1836-1912), Mistress of the Robes to Queen Victoria and to Queen Alexandra; wife of 6th Duke of Buccleuch; daughter of 1st Duke of Abercorn
Sitter in 2 portraits
by John Henry Frederick Bacon
oil on canvas, 1903
by John Thomson, photogravure by Walker & Boutall
photogravure, 1897; published 1899
- James Hamilton, 1st Duke of Abercorn (father)
- Louisa Jane (née Russell), Duchess of Abercorn (mother)
- William Henry Walter Montagu-Douglas-Scott, 6th Duke of Buccleuch (husband)
- John Charles Montagu-Douglas-Scott, 7th Duke of Buccleuch (son)
- Lady Constance Anne Cairns (née Montagu-Douglas-Scott) (daughter)
- Katharine Mary (née Montagu-Douglas-Scott), Viscountess Hampden (daughter)
- Lord Herbert Andrew Montagu-Douglas-Scott (son)
Read our latest news and have your say.
Identify our Silhouettes
Join enthusiastic contributors who have already identified 155 sitters.
Tell us more about our Silvy sitters
Help us identify the sitters who visited Camille Silvy’s photographic studio during the 1860s.