Diana, Princess of Wales(1961-1997), Princess of Wales
Sitter in 55 portraits
Youngest daughter of the 8th Earl Spencer, Lady Diana Spencer married Charles, Prince of Wales in 1981 in a ceremony broadcast to 750 million viewers worldwide. They were separated in 1992, divorced in 1996. Tireless worker on behalf of numerous charities, particularly those concerned with Aids, children, the homeless and the elderly; leading campaigner against the use of landmines. Diana became an international icon by wearing carefully chosen outfits by leading fashion designers for important public engagements. Popularly known as 'the people's princess' she is mother of Princes William and Harry.
by Lord Snowdon
gelatin silver print, 21 December 1984
- Prince Charles (husband)
- Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge (grandson)
- Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex (son)
- Albert Edward John Spencer, 7th Earl Spencer (grandfather)
- Cynthia Spencer (née Hamilton), Countess Spencer (grandmother)
- Edward John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer (father)
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (son)
Make a donation
Support our Make History appeal and help us transform the Gallery.
A unique range of books, accessories and gifts. Every purchase supports the Gallery’s work.
Bring a familiar face home
Refresh your home gallery with a huge selection of custom art prints .